We assist a great number of entrepreneurs in the construction industry. Our expertise revolves around working with contractors, subcontractors, guarantors, insurers and lenders. Whether they are in the contract acquisition phase, or facing difficulties in the execution of the work, we are experienced in taking legal measures when they may be necessary. Our lawyers are here to help you every step of the way.
- Drafting and revision of construction contracts
- Surety ship
- Denunciation of the contract
- Notice of a legal hypothec
- Demand letters
- Collections of unpaid accounts
- Publication of the exercise of hypothecary right at the land register
- Construction litigation
Real Estate Law
Our team is well aware that the acquisition, protection or sale of real estate can be of significant importance for both individuals and businesses. That is why we offer a wide range of real estate services, designed to offer you a one-stop shop, covering all aspects of a real estate project.
- Legal recourse in latent defects
- Drafting contracts of the real estate and hypothec nature
- Writing and publishing a notice of legal hypothec of the construction and notice of exercise of a hypothecary right
- Drafting and/or negotiations of commercial leases
- Demand letters
- Due Diligence
- Obtaining financing
- Project financing
- Sales & acquisitions of real estate assets
- Tips when submitting a promise to purchase
- Real Estate litigation and disputes
We represent businesses and offer a variety of legal services within the scope of corporate and commercial law. We will establish all the steps in the conception of your business as well as assist you with any negotiations with suppliers.
- Holding & updating of company books (minute books)
- Legal organization of companies & drafting of resolutions
- Shareholder agreements
- Contracts for the purchase / sale of assets or shares
- Partnership / distribution / supply contracts
- Asset protection mechanisms
- Creation of trust
- Transactions in Commercial Leases
- Due Diligence
- Assistance in all intellectual property and technology questions
Civil & Commercial Litigation
We know that instituting court proceedings in any court of law can be intimidating, especially when it comes to a procedure unknown to you. This is why our team pays particular attention in reassuring you from the first meeting. Our lawyers clearly explain the next possible steps, whether you are a litigant or wish to institute a procedure.
- Legal advice
- Negotiating contracts
- Representations in the judicial and administrative courts
- Writing and filing of judicial proceedings
- Negotiation of amicable settlements
- Debt recovery
- Shareholder disputes
- Injunctions, safeguard orders and emergency measures
- Execution of judgments
- Experience at the Court of Québec, Superior Court of Québec, Court of Appeal of Québec and the Supreme Court of Canada
Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Alas! There are certain situations where filing a legal proposal or declaring bankruptcy is the best solution for your individual or commercial needs. On the other hand, you may also have to make a claim against a person or company that has recently filed a legal proposal or a notice of bankruptcy. In any event, our experienced team in this area can help you, and if necessary, get the assistance of an excellent trustee in bankruptcy.
Often, we are contacted during the process of franchising to intervene or assist in the drafting and negotiations of various agreements, including but not limited to:
- Franchise agreements
- Non-disclosure commitments
- Agreements relating to the protection of intellectual property
Sometimes our experienced lawyers are called to intervene in litigation matters in all areas of law that may be directly or indirectly related to franchising.
Our lawyers specialized in entertainment law have extensive experience in drafting and negotiating agreements in the areas of entertainment, multimedia, arts, film and television. Our concentration in entertainment law has touched, but is not limited to, issues among producers, writers, musicians, songwriters and directors. We strive to assist our clients in the management of corporate entities related to all ongoing productions, as well as structuring financing in these productions.
“Lorsque le temps est venu de démarrer mon entreprise, j’ai pu compter sur le professionnalisme et l’excellent travail d’équipe du cabinet Chamoun Légal.
Leur réactivité et leurs bons conseils m’ont permis de mettre sur pied une petite entreprise qui est légalement protégée par des contrats extrêmement bien rédigés, et les gens de l’équipe ont su me conseiller par rapport à plusieurs décisions qui devaient être prises.
Merci pour l’accompagnement continu, c’est facile d’accorder ma pleine confiance à une équipe remarquable comme la vôtre.”
“Nous avons fait affaire avec Chamoun Légal sur quelques dossiers. Nous avons toujours bénéficié de leur professionnalisme et leur écoute afin de bien cerner le sens du litige. Des réponses claires et précises à nos questions nous ont beaucoup aidé à bien faire les choses, en plus de nous apporter une protection légal dans le déroulement de nos activités professionnelles.”
“We have worked with Chamoun Legal very closely over the years and we have always benefited by their extensive experience and understanding in securities and corporate law. The longevity of Me Chamoun’s experience in the legal profession is exemplified in the advice and work that she produces. Further, she has brought a human touch to her practice as she always ensures that all our questions and concerns are answered in a timely and comprehensible manner.”
“We have used Chamoun Legal as our legal counsel for all matters tending to contract, commercial and construction law and we are happy with the legal services that have been provided. The team ensures that you are comfortable every step of the way and they demonstrate a high level of professionalism and capability. Thank you, Chamoun Legal, for always providing an excellent service and we are excited to continue working with you for many years to come!”